Join us—become a Friend of the Preserve! Help us ensure that the Galisteo Basin Preserve’s trails and open spaces remain protected, safe, beautiful, and accessible.
The open space and trails at the Galisteo Basin Preserve (GBP) are nonprofit-owned community resources. To maintain them—and keep them open to the public—we partner with people like you who love this landscape.
Commonweal Conservancy’s Friends of the Preserve program is a critical volunteer group that helps care for the recreation, wildlife, water, scenic, and cultural resources of the Galisteo Basin Preserve. Friends:
- Help maintain GBP hiking, biking, and equestrian trails;
- Engage in land restoration activities at the GBP;
- Advocate for open space protection and the respectful use of GBP public spaces;
- Champion the values of the GBP to family, friends, and other community members;
- Cultivate a growing community of land stewards by inviting others to become Friends; and
- Help fund important stewardship work in the GBP.
Click here to make a donation and become a Friend of the Preserve.
All Friends of the Preserve receive invitations to special Friends of the Preserve events (e.g., trails building days, mountain bike rides, guided hikes, land restoration activities, presentations about Galisteo Basin Preserve stewardship issues).
Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.