Thank you for your interest in supporting our work and becoming part of what we do.
Commonweal Conservancy is a nonprofit, conservation-based, community-development organization dedicated to forging deep and sustaining relationships among people, land, and the built environment.
Your gift is critical to the sustained success of Commonweal and our work in the Galisteo Basin Preserve. Your contribution makes you a partner and a beneficiary. Contributions from foundations, corporations, and individuals help fund our ambitious conservation, stewardship, and community-building activities. In addition to supporting some of the most cutting-edge conservation and community planning work in the country, your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law. Your gift will be put to good use in helping us:
- Acquire additional Galisteo Basin Preserve lands
- Protect precious open space with conservation easements
- Create opportunities for stewardship, including trails building/maintenance, arroyo and grasslands restoration, community agriculture, wildlife habitat improvement, astronomy/night-skies education, and community outreach.
Commonweal has a limited number of Legacy Gift opportunities for uniquely graced and financially capable benefactors. These include:
- A Memorial Fruit Tree in the GBP Orchard ($1,500) - To support the long term nourishment and growth of the Preserve orchard, a fruit tree of the donor’s choice will be marked with a commemorative plaque recognizing the family’s generosity.
- Overlook Banco ($2,500) – To facilitate meditative inspiration (and a quick breath) for hikers and cyclists, Commonweal will install a massive Ponerosa Pine banco at three overlook points within the Preserve. Each of the banco’s will include an engraved steel plate acknowledging the benefactor or his/her beloveds. (3 legacy benches available)
- Trail Naming ($5,000) – Name a new GBP trail in honor of a beloved family member, pet or riding companion! For 2014, our trail building efforts will afford three trail naming opportunities
If you would like to direct your gift to Friends of the Preserve community stewardship program, your contribution will help fund stewardship and land restoration work in the Galisteo Basin Preserve, care for the public open space, and maintain the Preserve's hiking, biking, and equestrian trails. Click here to learn more about the Friends of the Preserve; you can designate this program as the recipient of your gift when you make a donation.
Your donation comes at a time of great challenge and opportunity.
Despite the economic recession of the past couple of years, Commonweal Conservancy is becoming more effective, our partnerships with other non-profit organizations are becoming stronger, and our work is being recognized by a growing community conservation and community development leaders around the country.
You can make your donation right now by:
- Clicking here to donate online
- downloading the Contribution sheet (PDF 590K) and mailing it with a check or money order to:
Attn: Kate Drahn
117 N. Guadalupe Street, Suite C
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
We'll send you a thank-you note and, if you donate $50 or more, we’ll also send you a GBP sticker!
THANK YOU for being part of our growing community and for helping us to realize our vision for community-serving conservation.
If you’d like to talk with someone here about the donation process, please call Kate Drahn at 505.982.0071, ext. 104, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Commonweal, please visit www.CommonwealConservancy.org